I do not take the facility of scribe but people who use the facility have
no chocie but to take scribes provided by the institute which are mostly
teaching associates (who work with faculty members in teaching and
research) and in some cases doctoral students.

Looking at the comments from different organizations, I could think of the
following

1. If scribe is also qualified to take the exam or has taken the exam
previosly then a restriction is necesary to avoid malpractices. It could be
that the scribe should have a maximum grades/marks in the subject/overall
marks/GPA. *There was a case in some institute (I canot name it) whre the
first year MBA student actually chose the scribe from second year MBA
students based on their first year grades in the subject. *If we restrict
totally the overqualified  people as scribe then first year students in
residential camous will always be at loss as there will be no junior to
help them and they may not be in their city of schooling  Not sure how this
can translate into competititve examinations like UPSE, SSC CAT etc.

2. If the student qualification is lower then no such restriction should be
there.

In case I have any other thought/suggestion, I will share with the group.

Regards
]Amit Jain