Hi all,

How does the blind candidate teach the scribe how to  draw a table to make an
account or how a math symbol looks? What about the alignment needed to write
equations in organic chemistry? We need to look at the problem functionally
before we get to qualifications. As of now, the discussion appears to be
considering only the fraud perspective. In addition, what happens if the
candidate cannot understand what the scribe is speaking? I have experienced
this several years ago. The scribe's pronunciation was poor and I did not have
the time to request him to spell each word.
I doubt meeting the scribe 2-days before will help because the organizers may
need time to get another scribe. By the way, what happens if the organizer
supplied scribe falls ill on exam day? I have had this happen but at that time,
I was using my own scribe so was able to provide a backup. Yes, a candidate
should not have to  deal with this but until we get 100% computerization, I
guess we have to use scribes. Will organizers have a pull of backup scribes?
Pranav