Well, whether depending on a permanent sighted guide or using cane is
a matter of personal choice. I can sponsor for the preferred object
but I am afraid - roughly calling the other one a sign of cowardice or
foolishness might be improper.

For taking help, I would like to mention an idea which was used in a
book for a totally different context. I am unable to furnish the
verbatim, so some tiny details or sentiments can be different.

A painter was painstakingly employed to paint a wall. As he was short,
in spite of his great efforts he was unable to reach his hand at the
top. He earnestly requested the employer to provide him a ladder with
two more steps. The employer, looking at the gleaming wall and the
labour’s earnestness, arranged a ladder for him so that he can apply
his measured brushes on the remaining wall.

I feel that this is the kind of help we must aspire for. For some
people two more steps in a ladder could be taking a permanent guide
while for some it is going alone with cane occasionally taking
assistance from the by passers.

Regards

Shadab

On 9/26/11, George Abraham <geo...@eyeway.org> wrote:
> Once I was returning from Shillong to Delhi and had just disembarked from
> the coach at Guvahati airport. When a lady who was a co-passenger in the
> coach asked me as to how I managed alone while travelling. I told her that I
> plan my trips in advance  and take care of every small detail plus there are
> still nice people like her in the World . When you need them, they turn up.

Easy tips for improving English at
shadablucknow.blogspot.com
My contributions to the press
http://shadablucknow.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-contributions-to-press.html#links