Thank you Mohit for appreciating me as easy.
This is probably the first time I have been easy to understand, so let me
congratulate myself for it.
I do mean it.

Coming to the question of difficulty of platonic friendships given the visual
disability, let us first clarify what we mean by platonic friendship.
Generally, platonic is taken to mean  non-sexual as well as non-physical.
However, it restrictively also means only non-sexual in nature.
So, I think the later conotation is definitely possible with visual impairment.
However, if we widen it to mean non-Physical, then I am afraid visual
impairment is a block to it as we require audio and tactile contact in absence
of visual contact.
Actually, when the sighted see each other's bodily form, then I think they are
also not having platonic friendship.
So, primarily they mean, by platonic, nontactual friendship.

So, right of touch to all those body parts which are exposed to visual gaze,
forms a part of accessibility in relationships for the blind,  though my take
on it is not socially sanctioned.
I call it "Cultural diabetes", and the chief cause for it is, me thinks, the
tentalizingly vague line of distinction between tactually physical  and sexual
coupled with increased vulnerability of female sex to sexual exploitation.

To sum up, nontactual friendship for visually impaired is surely difficult.