Umesha,
Thanks for this. Please see my responses below.
> 1. while announcing the train shortly arriving into the station, they should
> announce the position of disabled coach.
Agreed.

> 2. instead of Braille labels, making audio announcement of coach number
> putting speakers at the doors of coaches facing outwards. this is very much
> advantageous. one can listen from distance and no need of touching the train
> to read coach number which is risky. flexibility to change numbers since it
> is through computerized speech output. numbers can be announced before the
> train stops completely so that visually impaired persons can prepare
> themselves to board the coach within time.
I'm not sure what you meant or I didn't understand it quite well. Wouldn't it
be confusing, if coach starts speaking all at once? Other option, we can think
of a phone app, where you click on your phone app and you get the coach number
around you or could locate and guide you to your desired coach

> 3. similar to talking ATMs, a talking I V R S based machine to give the train
> schedule and train running information to VI with headphone.
This is exactly what Harips is talking about kiosks

> 4. reservation charts be made available in Braille and other accessible
> formats.
I am unsure asking Braille chart would be a reasonable ask, but SMS would be
fine.

> 5. separate ticket counters for disabled including visually challenged
> persons in major stations and exemption from the queue in small stations.
> (once I visited such a counter in Bangalore city junction many years ago to
> buy a ticket with my escort. the operator told me that only wheelchair users
> are given tickets in that counter.)
Agreed.

> 6. issue of identity cards to VIs with unique number and make the database
> available while issuing tickets at the counter for verification instead of
> asking the Xerox of concession certificate. as you know, we face lot of
> problems in getting tickets as they want to vary every part of our
> certificate like seal, signature, name of the doctor, his/her register
> number, etc. many times they ask us the name and register number when the
> writing of doctors is illegible. in some places, they take several minutes to
> finish it.
I agree, also this would save the paper, but issuing of a separate ID may not
be a good idea. Probably UID should play a role.

Regards,

Srinivasu
http://srinivasu.org Twitter: @vasutweets
Sent from my iPad