On 28.03.2012 16:13, Marco Martin wrote:

no, the two things are an atomic transaction, because is completely done by
another process, the plasma shell process doesn't have any kind of control
over it for security reasons (that's also the reason it's another separated
dialog) so all that's doable is asking the activity service "pop up the
dialog" but not much more, unless the api of the activity server becomes
something very convoluted like "show the dialog but don't save" "save the
previously inserted data" "forget the data" but very error prone

Ah, I see.
So what is the internal, technical workflow for switching an activity to private (everything that happens from the point where the user taps "Save" in the Activity configuration dialog after having switched to private)? I'd like to understand the inner workings (not on the code level, more like on an UML activity diagram level of detail) so that I can see how this can be best translated into a user workflow.
Thanks,
Thomas