-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Lilianstrom
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:53 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Problem removing last w2k DC from a w2k3 domain

Al Mulnick wrote:
Denying access? Hmm.... so logged on to the w2K machine you can't access the admin$ share of either of the DC's right?

Correct.

I can access any member server admin$ share from the w2k machine. I can access the w2k3 DC admin$ share from any other w2k3 machine in the domain.

I just can't access the w2k3 DC admin$ share from the w2k DC.

        al

On 6/20/06, *Al Lilianstrom* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Robert Rutherford wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > It does sound like our old pal DNS.
     >
     > If you run a dcdiag and netdiag, do they both run clean? If not
then
     > please post the results.

    Both clean. Every test I can think of comes up clean. The only real
    symtom was in the orginal message - lack of admin access to the w2k3
DCs
    from the w2k DC. Checking the event log on the w2k3 DC I see the
    computer and user log in and out successfully. Just something denying
    access.

     > If all is clean and it's a test environment then pull it and
    clean it up
     > with ntdsutil et al.

    Sounds like a fun way to spend the morning. :-)

           al

     > If it's a new situation then just replicate and see if you still
have
     > the issue. I have always found a couple of hours helps many ills.
     >
     > BR
     >
     > Rob
     >
     > Robert Rutherford
     > QuoStar Solutions Limited