I don't know DVDit from experience but many people including myself have 
best results converting AVI to MPEG2 with tools like Procoder Express or 
the Main Concept codec within Premiere (6.5 in my case). It used to be that 
the last place you wanted to convert to MPEG2 was in the authoring 
software. I'm sure there's been some improvement, perhaps in the creative 
suite approach most NLEs have adopted in the past couple of years, but if 
you're using a non-integrated solution (I still use MyDVD, which isn't 
exactly leading edge) you are probably best to create your compression 
somewhere else and import that into DVDit. Settings are key to a good 
result. If you have choices in quality of output, choose the best available 
for something that short. If you can choose a data rate, don't go over 
about 7000 kbps for a burned disc.

David Hurdon

At 10:03 PM 4/17/2006 +0000, you wrote:

I made a film in premiere, it's almost 6 minutes long, I exported it
as an avi.  Then, in Sonic dvdit, I burned it to a dvd complete with
menu screen.  Now, when I watch it on my tv, the quality looks bad and
even some of the audio is bad.  Should I not be exporting it as an
avi?  Or is there some specific settings I should be paying attention
to when exporting from premiere?  Thanks.







Yahoo! Groups Links



  



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to