That would be the right way to do it, provided that you're in the right 
place. I don't know your version but the key is to be exporting MPEG-2, not 
MPEG-1. If I'm underestimating what you know I'm just trying to be on the 
right side of helpful. When you're sure you have the right export format 
you then have to be sure you know what your DVDit will import. Some 
applications want separate audio and video files, which are created by 
choosing to export an elementary stream. Choosing a program stream gets you 
a single file with both, but in some authoring apps you'd have to demux 
(separate audio and video) in order to choose a legal and/or efficient 
audio codec, like ac3, which is Dolby digital stereo in my app.

David Hurdon

At 11:47 PM 4/17/2006 +0000, you wrote:

Well, should I be bothering to make it an avi at all then?  I can
just go in premiere to file -> export timeline -> mpeg   or is that
the wrong way to do this?  I've never done this before so all this
is new to me.


--- In [email protected], David Hurdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
 >
 > I don't know DVDit from experience but many people including
myself have
 > best results converting AVI to MPEG2 with tools like Procoder
Express or
 > the Main Concept codec within Premiere (6.5 in my case). It used
to be that
 > the last place you wanted to convert to MPEG2 was in the authoring
 > software. I'm sure there's been some improvement, perhaps in the
creative
 > suite approach most NLEs have adopted in the past couple of years,
but if
 > you're using a non-integrated solution (I still use MyDVD, which
isn't
 > exactly leading edge) you are probably best to create your
compression
 > somewhere else and import that into DVDit. Settings are key to a
good
 > result. If you have choices in quality of output, choose the best
available
 > for something that short. If you can choose a data rate, don't go
over
 > about 7000 kbps for a burned disc.
 >
 > David Hurdon



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to