On Sunday 27 April 2008 21:43:35 Shlomi Fish wrote:

> the conversion to XHTML
> 1.1 (valid now) etc. the patch will be very huge, so I'll just send you the
> new file. You can find it here:
>
> http://www.shlomifish.org/perl-timeline-temp/PerlTimeline.html

Excellent work.

> All that was said, I would still to contribute to the new Perl history
> effort
> on the TPF wiki. While I highly commend you for the effort you've put into
> the existing timeline, it's highly possible a collaboration between Andy
> Lester, Chris Dolan and I (and other people of the Perl community) can yeild
> something substantial and under a more usable licensing terms. We are going
> to respect the copyrights ownership of the existing timeline and not re-use
> material from there directly, without your permission.

It's a real shame the perl6 people seem to be incapable of using the work from
the perl5 people - or have I misread the thread?

I mean, Elaine sounds a bit pissed off, but I'm not really surprised when she
gets her project whipped from under her feet.  Never mind that it's not been
updated for a while - surely we should respect her 'ownership' of that corner
and work to get co-editing facilities of it in some way, much like when
Michael gave out commit bits for the Test::More code to a choice group of
interested individuals some time ago.  This kind of thing happens all the
time, it's called co-operation.

I don't see why we have to trash the old stuff, just because certain people
have positions of power and can (ab-)use it to side-step the issue.

Just my four-penneth!

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen