On 26 Apr, 2008, at 23:52, Chris Dolan wrote:

I also apologize for my stream-of-consciousness comments that started with "ugh" and ended with me acknowledging the value of the timeline. The "ugh" came from reading 1969-1986, which seemed to have minimal relevance to Perl. I should have written that more tactfully, making my respect more clear.

Wow, you think that maybe "Ugh" might not be all that flattering a comment? Perhaps there has been some progress afterall. Don't worry, nobody has really noticed it for a decade and, if the cyclical nature of this sort of thing holds, after all the fuss over the timeline it will return to its obscurity until someone else needs a fallow project to bash.

I believe my no was very clear. No wiki. I'm not a big fan of them to begin with and certainly not in this context.

I'll welcome updates.

I'll welcome fixed links and html.

I'll welcome new content.

If anything comes from that which, again, as my cynical assessment has proven time and again that such will not be forthcoming, I'll entertain further ideas.

e.