When taking less time results in higher profits, the people doing the work
have 3 options:

1) don't waste time unnecessarily, e.g. chatting with the customer, doing
personal things on cellphone

2) optimize the work for time, e.g. pre-planning, choosing a wire route
that is more visible/more prone to get damaged but is quicker to do

3) do low-quality work, e.g. mount the antenna at a location that is quick
to reach but has low signal/trees in the way/connects to a more loaded AP,
or just throw the wire on the roof without attaching it, or run the wire in
a location where it is very likely to get damaged.

If employees have a good personality and the company has a good culture and
enforcement, you get #1 and a bit of #2. If employees are lazy/don't care
and the company culture is the same, you get #3 and lots of problems.

I did some work in the early days that was paid per-install; I tried to do
always good work while another installer did #3. I can tell you that I was
REALLY NOT HAPPY that he was being paid more than me for lower-quality work.