From: "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 2, 2019 10:12:51 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Centurylink/Level3 Bandwidth

1) Contracts are only as good as the money you are willing to spend suing the
other party. I have literally had a big telco say go ahead and sue us, we have
lots of lawyers.

2) It seems standard practice to raise the price above what the contract says
via random fees, the belief seems to be that fees are an act of god not covered
by contracts. And if you don't agree, refer to #1. I remember one provider
adding a fairly substantial property tax recovery fee mid contract. I asked
what property this referred to, and of course they basically laughed at me.
They would invent all sorts of bizarre fees just to get around the price stated
in the contract, these new fees would just appear on the latest monthly bill
with no explanation.

Salespeople of course will do anything to make quota and commissions,
especially since they will probably be gone by the time your contract comes up
for renewal. They are "agents" of the company with the power to make
commitments on behalf of the company, but again, see #1.