with SFPs the temp ratings have a double meaning. The ones rated industrial actually have better components in them so they tend to have a better chance of survival in any situation. I wouldn't necessarily worry about the low end as much as the high end. Its not that hard for a switch in an enclosed boxto get very hot if not vented. especially with a few sfp ports in it.

On 5/14/2019 8:40 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

What about 10/100/1000 SFPs?  Is it worth ordering the custom ones from FS.com to get the temperature specs down to -40 C?

We’re deploying some CCR1036 at sites that get really cold in winter and using the 4 SFP slots for additional GigE ports might save having to add a switch.  Or maybe with self-heating the SFPs won’t actually get below 0 C?  That seems optimistic when it’s -25 F in the unheated building.

*From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Trey Scarborough
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:51 AM
*To:* af@af.afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik Fiber SFP+

Ok so the best way I have found is to order the custom ones.

https://www.fs.com/products/37257.html

If these are going in a Mikrotik that is not in an environmentally controlled space you will want to choose the -40 to 85c option that you will probably have much better results. The normal Mikrotik SFPs I believe are 0 to 70.

Yes they take some time extra time to be delivered typical time frame is 3-5 weeks. As well it might cost you %25 more thanks to the import taxes, but in my mind $3 on a $11 sfp is worth it.

Trey