Gino,
 R56 usually states for data lines that the shield be grounded aprox 3' from radio entry port or surge protection on tower and duplicate for the down stairs. The idea is to pull off as much un-wanted energy from the cable to ground. Also,consider using Surge protection devices such as Chuck's gear to help with any line surges.

We do this as a standard on all new and any updates we do on our sites.
We have recently started using Cat6 for our latest project using only superior Essex as it has the added rigid copper jacket with outer and inner pvc jacket which makes it very rigid for vertical install and cambium makes some awesome ground kits for it.