Yeah that makes sense because to give it an umbrella or cone of protection for everything in its direct radi. Probably about 20 to 30 foot from center for good protection. The signal and electrical all go back to single point Main earth
Very cool stuff
 The most important, is hope that the soil has the chemical make up for the conductivity needed.

 If the earth is bad then other ground methods must be used IE chemical grounds or grids