OK, within 24 hours I had power cycled all the affected GPS receivers, but it
was not my impression the problem was resolving itself without intervention.  I
had 2 sites that I had failed to connect up the remote access so I had to go to
the site, but the last one was just under the 24 hour mark and was still
FUBARed.  Also I had RackInjectors, which make the status immediately clear
with the map of red for GLONASS and green for GPS, showing something like 7 or
8 GLONASS sats and 0 GPS sats.

Could it be that some positional discrepancy caused the module to decide the
GPS sats were sending faulty data and to disregard them?

And if you want to engage in conspiracy theories, maybe the DOD purposely
messed with the GPS sat signals anticipating a N. Korea missile launch as the
promised end of year surprise?  Although I would expect N. Korea to use
Russian, Chinese or European sats to guide their missiles before they would use
U.S. sats.  Also I’m not sure N. Korea has demonstrated precision guidance yet,
although that’s something they would have to develop if they want to hit Wash.
DC or Mar a Lago.