450 APs do some illogical things when choosing among available sync sources –
internal, power port, timing port.  Of course on 450i/450m, internal is not an
option.  But sometimes we have to telnet to an AP and disable/enable internal
in order to get it to switch back to power or timing port.  Of course if it was
stuck on generating sync despite showing power or timing port sync available,
that would be bad.

It does seem like the root cause needs to be identified, so we know how likely
this is to happen again.  If it was a counter rollover, the next event could be
predicted, wasn’t there some big scare last April?  If it could happen any time
one satellite sent out some bad data, and required manual intervention, that’s
more concerning.  Luckily our sites with Syncpipes or Syncboxes connected
directly to APs with no ability to remotely power cycle them are older and
therefore have the older modules in them.  Well, except the one with the
Cambium cnPulse, which we have powered via the AUX port on the AP, so we could
also power cycle that remotely.

I’m assuming the firmware in the GPS modules is not field upgradable?