> On Feb 23, 2020, at 1:30 PM, Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:
>
>   But I'm a bit fuzzy on PALs and grants from the SAS that could cross a
> county line.  I'm pretty sure you can't do it if you don't have a PAL in both
> counties, and I'm not sure you can do it even then.

As I understand it the PAL crossing a county line would be restricted in power
output at the border to the -80dB measured at 1.5m with a unity gain antenna -
so really still pretty loud.   If no PAL on that channel in the neighboring
county exists I don’t think there is a limit (other than the basic output power
limits of the base station).   If you own the neighboring PAL or can work out
an agreement with the owner of the adjacent PAL you can set the border power
limit to whatever you agree to.

Mark