Yes.  Zoom meetings are always from the neck up.

On 5/21/2020 10:01 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Underwear is the new business casual?

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Josh Luthman
*Sent:* Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:51 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] CCR2004 coming out

+1 while in underwear

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 8:44 AM Steven Kenney <st...@wavedirect.org <mailto:st...@wavedirect.org>> wrote:

    Too many benefits to virtualizing your routing infrastructure to
    list here.   Its where things are going in the future.  For me,
    its centralized management,  backups,  redundancy, flexibility.
    Also if you need more horsepower than a 1072 you can scale what
    you need pretty fast.  You can clone or replicate entire boxes
    pretty quick. You can create templates to spin up new routers all
    with every config you need.  I know its as easy as copying a
    config file over.

    That being said it really makes no sense to do this for under
    10Gbps of traffic.  I've always used hot spares.

    But consider this.  A router is giving your issues locks you out,
    stops passing traffic etc.  You need to go to the location or use
    some remote serial login like an open gear to try and determine
    whats wrong.  You physically need to replace the hardware or
    switch plugs,  copy configs.   On a VM you can access it remotely
    and restore from backup in a couple minutes, even have it
    automatically failover to other hosts, or have its resources
    expanded as needed.  From the comfort of your underwear at home... :)

-- Steven Kenney
    Network Operations Manager
    WaveDirect Telecommunications
    http://www.wavedirect.net