Only if it’s comfortable underwear, otherwise skip it.  Everybody says that
Zoom meetings only get them from the neck up so it doesn’t matter what’s going
on below that.

From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:02 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CCR2004 coming out

Underwear is the new business casual?

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com<mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> On Behalf Of
Josh Luthman
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:51 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com<mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>

+1 while in underwear

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 8:44 AM Steven Kenney
<st...@wavedirect.org<mailto:st...@wavedirect.org>> wrote:
Too many benefits to virtualizing your routing infrastructure to list here.
Its where things are going in the future.  For me, its centralized management,
backups,  redundancy, flexibility.  Also if you need more horsepower than a
1072 you can scale what you need pretty fast.  You can clone or replicate
entire boxes pretty quick. You can create templates to spin up new routers all
with every config you need.  I know its as easy as copying a config file over.

That being said it really makes no sense to do this for under 10Gbps of
traffic.  I've always used hot spares.

But consider this.  A router is giving your issues locks you out,  stops
passing traffic etc.  You need to go to the location or use some remote serial
login like an open gear to try and determine whats wrong.  You physically need
to replace the hardware or switch plugs,  copy configs.   On a VM you can
access it remotely and restore from backup in a couple minutes, even have it
automatically failover to other hosts, or have its resources expanded as
needed.  From the comfort of your underwear at home... :)

--
Steven Kenney
Network Operations Manager