I bet if you dug deep in to things like FICA tax, who is paying in, and who is
paying in but never going to be able to collect benefits from the system, the
immigration issue might become a little clearer. I suspect both parties are
liking people who are paying in that they won’t have to give benefits to. Since
the SS system is playing more of a shell game since they have been repeatedly
raiding the trust fund, and issuing useless bonds as a promissory note back to
the trust, they really don’t want to disclose the state of the fund if you were
to take those bonds off the books as a legitimate asset (these bonds are a
special series that are only redeemable to with the government, they cannot be
sold on the open market like regular bonds).

The same politicians that have been grandstanding about the unfairness of the
immigration/anchor babies and illegals etc., have always had the power to just
increase the immigration quotas and/or relax the rules if need be. But remember
that you can’t usually get re-elected if you solve problems. The fight is in
keeping the problem perpetuated. This applies to BOTH parties, neither one is
clean on this issue.

Once I finally realized they can fix the problem with legislation change, I
stopped listening to them on the topic and realized how full of crap they all
are. I also realized how gullible the public is for not realizing the same
thing. Then I realized our educational curriculum fails us for not teaching
everyone  enough to all come to that same realization. The last generation or
two are being taught not by the schools, but the various media and social media
platforms. Civics and how government, banking and finances work is no longer
being taught in schools on any real comprehensive level. Just look at the
student loan debt crisis if you don’t think so.

Politicians are really just holding their breath until all the baby boomers
die, all the while hoping they will still have the funds to keep paying out the
benefit checks (remember the trust has already been raided, look at how much of
our deficit is funded by that money, really go look it up for yourself). Once
they die off, the normal population curves and worker to retiree ratio gets
back to a more normal ratio. They need immigrants who are not citizens to keep
paying in to the system right now so they can cover the float on this
population spike. This spike has more retirees than workers paying in to the
system. So the trust cannot really afford to pay out to those who paid in when
they were working (because they borrowed that money and haven’t paid it back).
The current workers payments in are immediately going back out to pay current
retirees (and of course disabled folks who weren’t originally factored in to
this system). You won’t get a single one of them that will actually talk about
these facts though, from either side of the aisle. It’s the proverbial elephant
in the room and the only media I have ever seen who will actually dive in to a
bit if that guy on RT TV who wears the bow tie…….. But hey ignorance is bliss

Thank you,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com