I second these, theyre cheap and easy, we hardwire them and w put plugs on
them for portable generator
https://www.donrowe.com/PowerMax-PMTS-30-Automatic-Transfer-Switch-p/pmts-30.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjwnef6BRAgEiwAgv8mQaUjgbYD-kBNWyQY1A83bEBWIRL_gUbsiEjIUIjvHPtghoAPRLqo-RoC0EYQAvD_BwE

this one has more whistle

https://www.amazon.com/Go-Power-TS-30-Automatic-Transfer/dp/B00153EYTO/ref=asc_df_B00153EYTO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312146506965&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4470987733912037695&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9022172&hvtargid=pla-436834989828&psc=1