Something always breaks. I am not sure what carriers you are referring to
when you say switches shouldn't break. if it has current flowing through
it, it will break. Even if they are replacing something they believe will
prevent impending doom, chances are there will be some service impact as
they do their PM. Which is why everyone has maintenance windows.

I am sure it is possible to build a complete network with zero points of
failure. I am also pretty sure nobody wants to pay for it.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 9:23 AM Seth Mattinen <se...@rollernet.us> wrote:

> On 11/13/20 7:09 AM, Matt Hoppes wrote:
> > Switches should not be crashing in a carrier environment.
>

> Then why consider multiple carriers? Just single home to one and be
> done. No worrying about the complexities of multiple providers if
> nothing ever breaks in a carrier environment.

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell