$50 setup per device (router or mesh)
$12/mo Calix router (now U4 or U6 used to deploy 844E)
$5/mo Calix mesh (now U4 used to deploy 804mesh)

After 3 years of being with Calix we now have ~60% of our subs on our
managed wifi.  It's a very easy upsell because when they call with
router/wifi issues we offer them a free trial for 1 to 3 months (depending
on how resistant they are) usually after the first day they see a HUGE
difference and never look back.

We tell them when you buy our internet service that brings the connection
to your location.  When you order our managed wifi that brings the
connection to your devices and we have the ability to troubleshoot and help
keep devices connected.

If they insist on using their router but call us with issues we politely
tell them to call the router manufacturer for help or subscribe to our
managed wifi service.  After one attempt at calling the manufacturer they
usually call us back and sign up for managed wifi.

we also sell them on the fact that if the hardware ever breaks we'll
replace it for free (as long as it's not damage that broke the hardware ;-)

*Sean Heskett*

*ZIRKEL *
*Internet • WiFi • Phone • TV*
970-871-8500 x100 - Office