It didn’t.  One single isolated incident is not a coordinated attack on 100 or
1000 datacenters.  This is the rude fart of an anarchist.
And you watch how fast the network heals in Nashville...

From: Matt Hoppes
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2020 10:31 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Cc: ch...@go-mtc.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Data center Security

Except it just did.

  On Dec 26, 2020, at 12:15 PM, Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

  My opinion is this kind of thinking is total horseshit.

  FB alone has about 100 data centers.

  The one I installed all their long haul routes to has 5 large cables running
hundreds of miles radiating from the data center in all the ordinal compass
points.  Just knowing which gravel road out in the country has a FB cable and
then cutting it, does not take them down.  You will have to hit all the routes.

  Then the buildings itself is huge.  Like a square mile huge.  100% poured
reinforced concrete.  Even if you had a rider truck full of anfo you would get
shot at while driving through the perimeter fence and then you would just wipe
out some administrative offices etc.  Not even get close to where the servers
are.

  And then do that 100 other places at the same time?
  And then you only got FB.  Google, Amazon...

  Never gonna happen.