Jay, an obvious cut, like a backhoe dug up a cable or a pole taken out
by an accident, maybe 8-12 hours or so, yea. The cut we just
experienced was a number of broken strands at different places along a
mile or so of aerial cable. They spent a lot of time troubleshooting
where the breaks were and then actually repairing took I think about 6
hours, they ended up replacing a 3/4 mile section. Never got
information about what actually caused the damage on that one. I've
also heard some stories locally of extended repair times due to
flooding, where a road (and a cable) was washed out and it took
several days to even regain access to the site to start working on
repairs.