Because they / their IT person are smart at avoiding problems.

Most ISP-provided routers aren't setup (or the customer is not
knowledgeable enough) by someone to be following the same wireless settings
(or, for more advanced cases, port forwarding rules) as the previous
router, so customers find random printers / doorbells / lightbults /
devices not working after an ISP-arranged router upgrade or their changing
of ISPs. Customer owning the router fixes those issues.