From: "Colin Stanners" <cstann...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 9:49:34 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] IPv6 in home routers

Because they / their IT person are smart at avoiding problems.

Most ISP-provided routers aren't setup (or the customer is not knowledgeable
enough) by someone to be following the same wireless settings (or, for more
advanced cases, port forwarding rules) as the previous router, so customers
find random printers / doorbells / lightbults / devices not working after an
ISP-arranged router upgrade or their changing of ISPs. Customer owning the
router fixes those issues.