So I can explain this chart simply..

The far right argues that we spend too much time on things like gender and
race in school, so those regularly exposed to that argument are naturally
going to argue that we need to 'spend less time on gender and race and more
time on traditional studies like math and science"

The far left seems to think that people need to be more aware about race
and other forms of equality like the whole gender politics thing.    So
they're obviously going to consider that we need to provide more teaching
about it in school.

My opinion is that both parties have an extreme wing that they need to
shed.  Specifically the ones on the right which seems to want to move
towards an authoritarian regime with them in charge, and the ones on the
left which is hard to define but seems to be an odd mix of communism and
forced equality.

The problem is that after years of demonizing the other side, each party
needs their extreme wing to be able to win elections.