Any of you fine gents use the Hartford for general liability?

Is there some method to talk to an agent with these guys without filing a
claim? Calling just circles me to claims agents, and they wont tell me
anything.
Im just trying to find out what the impact of a small claim is with these
guys and whether its best to just pay out of pocket if the liability does
fall on me.
I dont want to save a couple grand out of pocket to have my rates skyrocket
or coverage cancelled since its a new account, but then again, I pay for
more coverage than I need for what I do so its kind of a waste to not use
it.

If any of you guys have filed a claim with them, how smooth is the process?