That is my understanding too.  But one point I would make is that the discharge from the BMS is pretty low compared to the size of the batteries we are talking about.   I was told by a techy at signature solar that for a rack mount battery to go into storage, it should be charged between 1/2 and 2/3 full and it would be good for 2 years without discharging too much.  That is with the switches in the off position, which does shut down most of the BMS functions but is not a disabled bms.