Surely ppl using 3.65 are going through trees ?

----- Reply message -----
From: "Ken Hohhof via Af" <af@afmug.com>
To: <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] 3.65 pmp450 results - was Dear Cambium
Date: Sun, Sep 21, 2014 12:14 PM
We did a bare SM the other day 0.6 miles –58 and 8X in a 10 MHz channel,
that tells me we can go a lot farther without a dish, probably 1.5 miles or
more.  Or are you talking about through trees?  I have not been
impressed with performance through trees, even with a dish.  But I’m not
happy with –80 and 4X, I don’t want to eat up all the capacity on such an
expensive piece of gear with just a few subs.  And I don’t want customers
calling every time the leaves get wet or covered with snow.

At some point I think we’ll see something similar to the Force100 but for
now it’s a dish or a connectorized SM with a panel.  When I asked about a
Stinger/CLIP type of product, I was told the size at 2.4 or 3.65 GHz get too
big
or else the gain isn’t worth it.