This is what we have done..

On 10/4/2014 4:02 PM, Jon Langeler via Af wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't raise prices on a 900SM customer. Get ready to overhaul the network with faster options before charging more. But definitely charge more as opposed to going cheaper. Markets may vary...

Jon

On Oct 4, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Paul McCall via Af <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

Very good input from all of you!

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Ken Hohhof via Af
*Sent:* Saturday, October 04, 2014 4:32 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] How frequently have you had a price increase?

Everyone seems to expect our prices will go down, it’s the Internet after all, everything is supposed to get cheaper until it’s free, right? We haven’t raised prices in 10 years, and we are feeling some pressure to lower prices about 10%, I guess that’s from competition though and it sounds like you don’t have too much of that problem.

JAB has people here expecting $40/$50/$60 for 5M/10M/15M speed. They do have an equipment fee and a support plan in the fine print though.

One school of thought is you gotta have added fees, otherwise you just look more expensive in a comparison. (And people do compare prices, even if the other guys can’t get them service.) Another school of thought is, if you do a price increase, make it big enough you don’t have another one in a year. Although that never seems to stop the cable companies. Another school of thought is to make it look like you are giving them something for the price increase, that’s the game the cablecos play, more content. Not sure what you could give away though, if you are already at 5M and unlimited usage. I guess as long as you are saying “up to”, you could raise the number.