I'd probably put in two transfer switches. One at the main panel at each building.

Then run the output from the generator to each of the transfer switches.

The only issue is if the power is out at one building, but not the other. That's probably a utility issue, but no harm either way. The whole point of the transfer switch is to avoid the hazard of back-feeding the utility from the generator.

bp