SmarterBroadband
m...@sbbinc.net
530.272.4000

On 10/29/2014 06:57 AM, Chuck McCown via Af wrote:
What do these cost you?

-----Original Message----- From: Matt Jenkins via Af
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:02 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] first approved licensed link mounting

If you want to mount a 4' dish on a non-pen mount use a Rohn BRM6
(http://www.rohnnet.com/filedownload/downloadfile/fileid/47/filenum/0/src/@random4a720ea8974f5).
I prefer the BRM64510M so I can put the dish at whatever height I want.
I have a 4' HP and a 3' HP dish on one of these with about 1500lbs of
ballast. Yes thats a LOT of cinder blocks. Been there for years without
missing a beat.

I like running a 6 gauge ground wire from the mount to the building
ground. We don't have grain anything in the forest so I don't know what
kind of grounding might already be available for you. But usually there
will be a ground rod sunk somewhere. Just run a massive ground wire to
it and ground everything else to that.

Matthew Jenkins
SmarterBroadband
m...@sbbinc.net