PLUS 1 for Nagios and there are some apps coming about for it on the android. We have a company that is working on an app for us and the customers as you mentioned to do just that. regardless of the APP you still need a good monitoring server running to interface with the APP. There are some Free options out there and there are some great $$$$ ones too.

On 11/20/2014 04:21 PM, Eric Kuhnke via Af wrote:
"Emails from Cacti don't count" - cacti is not an up/down monitoring system, it's a charting system... Any threshold alerting plugins that might be available are just a bonus.

Use something like OpenNMS or Nagios.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Sterling Jacobson via Af <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    What I really want is an integrated system that isn't stuck in the
    90's.

    I want the customer to have an app on their phone that tells them
    when their network is having issues and why.
    I want it to also remind them to pay their bill and provide a
    lazy/easy way to do that.

    I want that same system to have an engineer app that tells us when
    nodes fail and why.

    So if a node goes down and it's important, it should show up on my
    phone and I can take action.
    One of those actions would be to message to outage impacted
    customers the ETA to fix etc.

    Emails from Cacti don't count.



Reply via email to