I have a Unifi 802.11ac dual band AP in my house.  I had the same SSID
(Toobs) for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.  Not a single device used 5 GHz.

I've seen changed the SSID of 5 GHz (Toobs 5ghz) and I now know that my
Xbox one and cell phone will connect to it.  It also works better than 2.4
(noise thing I'm sure).  It seems to be there's a lack of a solution to
push things off 2.4 onto 5.  I've heard that Ruckus has some trickery to
this that may help.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343