This isn't exactly what I had in mind but using a router with display would
really help the customer understand the current state of their connection.

Steve B.

  _____

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof via Af
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2014 12:35 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Customer - Detailed Usage Report

You could put in one of the Mikrotik routers that have the LCD and lock it
to displaying the WAN side bandwidth graph.  It won't tell them what is
using all the bandwidth, but they can certainly go around shutting stuff off
to see what is causing the usage.  Like oh, it went down when I shut off the
satellite TV receiver, I didn't know that used the Internet.  Or look, it
goes up whenever my daughter uses Facetime, that uses the Internet?  Or we
all clicked to upgrade our iOS versions and the graph has been pegged for
the last day, meanwhile my Xbox games are lagging.