My new employer has a whole bunch of the Telrad 1000 base stations. The "built in iperf" and the spectrum analyzer both don't exist yet in production firmware. They're in the current development version.

The 7000 CPE does have iperf in the present tense though.

IMO: The system is expensive as fuuuuuck. There's telnet access for initial provisioning, but it's particularly useful after that, you need to use SNMP for serious troubleshooting and configuraiton management, that means after you pay for the equipment, plan on paying for the managment software too....or plan on spending lots of development time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzAkMGKT5_M

I feel like there might be some koolaid here somewhere

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer. -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925