From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 12:14 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] interesting telrad video

Oh one other thing....I have no idea where the supposed +10db system gain comes
from.  They do have spatial diversity at the tower side....which theoretically
gives them a little something extra in the uplink direction.  They obviously
still have the same 1W/mhz EIRP limit and the CPE (currently) has the same size
antenna, and their base station antennas are still around 17dbi......so I can't
see where that 10db comes from.  They have 18 and 20dbi CPE coming down the
pipe.  Maybe they count 6db from the bigger CPE and allow themselves a little
extra for the antenna diversity?

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzAkMGKT5_M

  I feel like there might be some koolaid here somewhere

  --

  All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't