Patrick explained it before on one of the WISPA lists. It seems to check out.

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Adam Moffett" <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 12:14:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] interesting telrad video

Oh one other thing....I have no idea where the supposed +10db system gain comes
from. They do have spatial diversity at the tower side....which theoretically
gives them a little something extra in the uplink direction. They obviously
still have the same 1W/mhz EIRP limit and the CPE (currently) has the same size
antenna, and their base station antennas are still around 17dbi......so I can't
see where that 10db comes from. They have 18 and 20dbi CPE coming down the
pipe. Maybe they count 6db from the bigger CPE and allow themselves a little
extra for the antenna diversity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzAkMGKT5_M

I feel like there might be some koolaid here somewhere

--

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts
you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them