I don't buy the 80 users stuff they push, though. I don't see that lasting very
long. I only see it being useful for low population density areas. ;-)

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 12:20:46 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] interesting telrad video

I have one Purewave basestation, with all Greenpacket CPE. The same migration
would probably work for me. Unfortunately in my rural area, I don’t fit the
business model for the Telrad product. So while it might be a good migration,
putting in yet another expensive WiMAX basestation in a low population density
area would probably be a bad move, plus as you say the CPE would have to be
swapped out anyway to go LTE.

I wish there was some solution to overlay LOS equipment and hit the 5% of subs
that are NLOS. 900 MHz no longer works for us (interference and Netflix), and
TVWS doesn’t seem to be production ready. We have PMP450 in 3650 deployed at 3
towers and just for grins tried a few NLOS tests without satisfactory results,
except for one that was literally 1000 feet from the tower through 2 trees.