Alot of companies have a second chance policy with drug treatment
requirements. Many of the 2nd chances have strings though, like you have a
ceiling for progress in the company, but better than termination at times.
If its a company with insurance that covers treatment, its a better
solution in the long run.

A fella I know last week had a coworker call in sick and he ran his truck
for him, found multiple burnt spoons and syringes in the vehicle, at that
point its a lost cause

Hair testing is pretty slick, I learned about it when I want to apply for
the railroad. I had taken an unprescribed painkiller for a tooth ache 4
months prior. They only tested for 3 months. I asked the tech lady and she
said the accuracy is pretty tight so at 4 month it was ok, she said luckily
they didnt test for 4 months or I would have had to rescind my application.
Thats not an excuse for me taking dope that wasnt mine btw, just
referencing it to point out that hair testing is solid stuff