Cool. So what about the ePTP vs PTP mode? What's the difference? ePTP is auto-ranging and PTP is not? Does one give lower or more stable latency?

I have some ePMP PTP links now that are in flexible mode. Latency is decent, less than 10ms average RTT on most of them. But all of them give me brief spikes of 40, 100, and even >300ms here and there. If either of the PTP modes gets rid of that, I would like to know, and I don't care if a little bit of throughput is lost as a result.