Some people want to see a 25/3 speedtest just in case, or because someone told
them so, or for bragging rights, or because they think speedtest.net is an epic
game.

A trend that is annoying me is some guy in the country who doesn’t even know
how to turn on a computer has a new girlfriend or his kid has moved back in,
and is complaining that his Internet sucks because of low speedtest numbers.
Just one of many complaints about having to move out from town, along with well
and septic and mice and no Starbucks.

Then there are the people who are complaining about slowness that won’t be
fixed by faster Internet.  Like the trucker who has a partial load and puts his
itinerary into a “load board” site to find other loads he can pick up along the
way.  It’s a big database and it’s thinking.  Faster Internet is not going to
fix that.

Or you could have a problem that you’re unaware of.  It might be worthwhile
picking a few of the complainers and going out and having them demonstrate what
the problem is.  Are they trying to watch HD video on their new smart TV which
is telling them their Internet is too slow?  Are they having DNS lookup
problems?  Do they have crappy, dying routers or WiFi problems?  Maybe an
Ethernet surge protector partially blown and they have really bad Ethernet
errors?  I’ve had people say my Internet is slow, and I ask them how slow, and
they say “I’ve been waiting 2 days for Google to load”.  That’s like Monty
Python and the parrot that’s just sleeping, or pining for the fjords.