I mastic and tape all of my connectors.  There's no reason not to.  I know
I have never said "I wish I hadn't sealed these connectors that have been
here for five years without getting water in them".  I still love that the
boot makes it easier to remove the cables once it has been sealed.  Anyone
who has ever sealed SMA connectors that don't have a boot and then down the
road tried to remove them know that the mastic gets into every crack and
thread and makes unscrewing it a total pain.

On another note, Chuck's post makes me glad that all of my AF5Xs are going
up on 30db & 34db dishes.