We used to put electrical tape under the mastic until we discovered fusion tape.

Rory

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2015 9:31 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] loving these AF5X's so far!

I mastic and tape all of my connectors.  There's no reason not to.  I know I
have never said "I wish I hadn't sealed these connectors that have been here
for five years without getting water in them".  I still love that the boot
makes it easier to remove the cables once it has been sealed.  Anyone who has
ever sealed SMA connectors that don't have a boot and then down the road tried
to remove them know that the mastic gets into every crack and thread and makes
unscrewing it a total pain.

On another note, Chuck's post makes me glad that all of my AF5Xs are going up
on 30db & 34db dishes.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Peter Kranz