3 hours
i had a 2 where a 1 should be

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Gilbert Gutierrez <
[email protected]> wrote:

>  Sorry, I read your question wrong. You can disregard my last message.
>
> What is the network type on the interfaces? I use "point-to-point" for
> /30's. Both sides need to be set to that way for that type to work
> properly. You may wish to try changing the type. The backup and designated
> router I believe are status statements for OSPF broadcast.
>
> Gilbert
>
> On 5/20/2015 1:34 PM, Mathew Howard wrote:
>
>  I know I've put at least three /30s on the same interface and I don't
> remember running into problems. When you're running OSPF on a /30 one
> router will always be the designated router and the other will be the
> backup - I don't think it normally matters which router has which role, but
> you can make it prefer one of the other by setting the interface priority.
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 3:03 PM, That One Guy /sarcasm <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> So I have this here mikrotik Ive been implementing ospf on
>> Right now because this is transition, all MT ports hit the same switch
>> Eth6 is on a /30 that is going to a powercode BMU thats distributing the
>> default route, it works fine
>> Eth2 is on a /30 that is going to a fortigate, it works fine
>>
>>  the routes propagate as they should
>>
>>  I initially tried to add another /30 to Eth2 for a second fortigate,
>> but it wouldnt let me add the netwok
>> so I put that /30 on eth3 it comes up in a state designated router
>>
>>  I moved it to eth4, same thing designated router the other two that are
>> working have said backup all along
>>
>>  is there something about adding a third ospf interface to mikrotik i
>> need to know here?
>>
>>  --
>>   If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your
>> team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.
>>
>
>
>


-- 
If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as
part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.

Reply via email to