I have a script grab the text config and FTP it to a central place.
I've never had that method fail.
I might still be grabbing the binary backup at the same time, but
historically (ROS 2.9.x) I had problems restoring them so I stopped trying.
On 7/3/2015 1:20 PM, That One Guy /sarcasm wrote:
I see a whole lot of options out there with scripts using mail, etc.
Waht works well, whats cumbersome, simplified is good, alerting on
backups not taking place is better.
As best i can tell, if you do backup to a backup file, that can only
be restored to the same device, or am I misunderstanding that?
I thought the dude could pull backups, but Im not seeing it anywhere
in documentation
I dont mind a combination of text config for reference and full backup
file.
In all likely hood a disaster restore would go to the same model, I
just dont want the backup file restoring the original device MAC addresses
We have a linux backup server that pulls backups from fortigates and
imagestreams, but its a cumbersome process that I dont really monitor
anymore
--
If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your
team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.